You can use the buttons below to jump to the required section.



Please check Chinese holidays and plan your trip accordingly.

  1. For us to process your visa properly and on time, you MUST send International Passport & Visa a Service Request Form (Not required for those who come to our office).
  2. A valid passport as well as a copy of its information page. Your valid passport must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity and at least two blank visa pages in it.
  3. One (1) neatly completed Visa Application Form (MUST be typed) with genuine information and signature. You MUST answer all the questions on the application. There will be a DELAY in the processing of your visa if you leave the answer to any questions blank.Note: To avoid a delay in the processing of your visa on question 1-17 next to the name of the company you MUST SPECIFY the nature of the company’s business (what the company does).If born in China, please write your name in Chinese (Question 1-3). On page one, question 1.13 you MUST specify exactly what your occupation is when you select Businessman or Company Employee. Also, if you are an artist or designer you MUST clarify that.
  4. One (1) recently-taken color photo of 2×2 square inch stapled on the application form.See passport photo requirements.
  5. A copy of your travel itinerary.
  6. Hotel reservation.
  7. A letter from the employer stating that the applicant is going on vacation and a completed and signed Undertaking Statement if you are in entertainment business.
  8. A copy of your Driver License is required to show the state or territory of the United States in which you reside and which Chinese Consular post holds jurisdiction over your area of residence.
  9. First time applicant whose former nationality was Chinese, shall write down his Chinese name in the application form and submit his original Chinese passport and the photocopy of the information page of the passport; if the name in the new passport is different from that in the old one, official document for name change should be provided; applicant who was formerly Chinese and has acquired a new US passport, if there is a Chinese visa in the old passport, shall submit his old US passport with the expired chinnese visa and the photocopy of the Chinese visa.
  10. A child with Chinese descent born in U.S. applying for a Chinese visa for the first time should provide the original and a photocopy of either parent’s foreign passport or green card and certificate of birth besides other regular materials.
    A child with Chinese descent born in U.S. applying for a Chinese visa BUT has got China visa before could provide a photocopy of former visa instead of the parent’s foreign passport or green card and certificate of birth.
  11. Foreign spouse and children of a Chinese citizen who wants to apply for a Multiple Entry L Visa valid for 24 months are required to provide original and photocopy of relevant Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Kinship Certificate or other necessary documents.
  12. Non-U.S. citizens who want to apply for a China visa need to provide the original and a photocopy of certificates or permit for residence, work, study or valid U.S. visa.Also, they should complete top portion, Part D and Part C if applicable of the Supplementary Visa Application Form and sign and date the form. FRENCH and GERMAN passport holders MUST appear in person for fingerprint when the application is being submitted to the Chinese consulate. We can take care of the rest of the procedure.

Additional Documents

  • For minors under the age of 16, a photocopy of Birth Certificate.
  • Complete and sign an Undertaking Statement if you are in entertainment business or you work as a journalist, writer, photographer, model or designer and traveling to China as a tourist.
  • If you are self-employed or freelance and if you are employed you also need a letter from your employer stating that you are going on vacation.
  • Exact address and copy of travel itinerary is MANDATORY if traveling to Guangdong region.
  • Hotel Reservation for Non-U.S. citizens traveling to China as a tourist.



  • Visa validity starts on the day the visa is issued and duration of stay in each trip is at most 90 days.
  • The applicant is not permitted to engage in activities which are not in conformity with the purpose of journey stated when applying.
  • Click here to view a guide on how to read your China Visa
  • Visa officers decide on the type, number of entries, validity and duration of stay of the visa to be issued and have the authority to decline a visa application or cancel an issued visa.

Under Chinese law, a foreign national who overstays his/her visa in China is subject to fine and other penalties. If it’s necessary to stay in China longer than the duration of stay on the visa, approval must be obtained from a local public security authority above county level 30 days before the duration of stay is running out. The bearer is permitted to stay in China once the application is approved.

If you have been issued a visa in the past, the validity of the visa needs to be checked. If the visa is already expired or the entries are used up, you should apply for a new visa.

Please check the visa you have been issued in the past. Your visa could still meet the need for the trip.

    1. Validity (enter before) of a visa is the length of period that the visa is good for, namely from the issuing date to the deadline of entering China for the bearer of the visa. If the number of entries are sufficient, the bearer is able to enter China at any time before 12:00am on the expiring date.

A visa becomes void once validity expires regardless of whether its entries are used or not. The visa holder should apply for a new visa if he or she intends to visit China again.

  1. Entries is the number permitted to enter China during the validity of a visa. A visa becomes invalid if there is no more valid number of entries left. To use such a visa will lead to decline of entry.
  2. Duration of each stay is the longest period of time the bearer of a visa is permitted to stay in China from the date of entry into China on each visit.

Besides the documentations mentioned above, other documentations might be required by visa officers in order to decide whether to issue the visa case by case.

Jurisdiction Information

Please review the states where China visa applications are being processed to find out which jurisdiction applies to you. When we receive your visa application we will submit it to the location that is your jurisdiction.
Embassy / Consulate

Consulate of China – Los Angeles Jurisdiction over: Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii, New Mexico, and Pacific Islands.

Consulate of China – San Francisco Jurisdiction over: Alaska, Northern California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.

Consulate of China – Chicago Jurisdiction over: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin

Consulate of China – Houston Jurisdiction over: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Consulate of China – New York Jurisdiction over: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Consulate of China – Washington DC Jurisdiction over: Washington, DC, Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.


Consular FeesInternational Passport & Visa Service Fees - LA Jurisdiction International Passport & Visa Service Fees - Out of LA Jurisdiction
$140.00 per visa (6-7 Working Days)
$105.00 - Regular (6-7 Working days)$155.00 - Regular (6-7 Working days)
$140.00 per visa (4-5 Working Days)$125.00 - Express (4-5 Working days)$175.00 - Express (4-5 Working days)
$165.00 per visa (Next Day)$160.00 - Rush (Next Day)$215.00 - Rush (1-2 Business Days)

Please call our office for EMERGENCY/FASTER  processing time.

Consular and Service Fees:

[table “120” not found /]
Shipping Fees

FedEx ChargesUSA Only
$40.00FedEx (2nd Business Day)
$45.00FedEx (Priority Overnight)
$80.00FedEx (First Overnight)
$70.00FedEx (Saturday Delivery)
$90.00Alaska & Hawaii (Priority Overnight Only)

We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express credit cards, checks (only CA checks) and money orders.

Note: Processing times and fees are subject to change without advance notice.


  • If both of parents are Chinese citizens and neither of them is holding a US Green Card, the child should apply for a Chinese Travel Document to enter China.
  • If both of or one of parents are US citizens or holding a US Green Card, the child needs a visa to visit China.

Documents for a Child with Chinese descent born in U.S.:

  • If applying visa for the first time he/she should provide the original and a photocopy of either parent’s foreign passport or green card and Certificate of Birth besides other regular materials.
  • If he/she has got Chinese visa before could provide a photocopy of former visa instead of either parent’s foreign passport or green card or Certificate of Birth

    Plus any other documents required for the type of visa the applicant is applying to obtain.


Our address for sending documents

International Passport & Visa, Inc.
204 S. Beverly Drive, Suite 115
Beverly Hills
CA 90212
Tel: (310)274-2020
Fax: (310)274-4581