International Passport & Visa has been providing passport photo services in Beverly Hills since 1980.
Have your properly formatted passport photos for U.S. Passports and travel visa applications taken quickly and efficiently. Walk-in service at our office in Beverly Hills. No appointment needed.
U.S. Passport Photo Requirements
- Submit a color photo, taken in last 6 months
- Use a clear image of your face. Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
- Have someone else take your photo. No selfies.
- Take off your eyeglasses for your photo.
- Use a plain white or off-white background
Resolution, Print Size, and Quality
- Submit a high resolution photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated.
- The correct size of a passport photo is:
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm)
- Head must be between 1 -1 3/8 inches (25 - 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
- Do not digitally change the photo
- You cannot submit a damaged photo with holes, creases, or smudges.
Pose and Expression
- Have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open.
- Face the camera directly with full face in view.
- Children must be the only subject in the photo. Nothing used to support the minor child, whether by mechanical or human means, should be in the camera's frame.
Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis. You cannot wear a uniform, clothing that looks like a uniform, or camouflage attire. You cannot wear a hat or head covering.
- You cannot wear glasses.
- If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with application.
You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices. You can wear jewelry and keep on your facial piercings as long as they do not hide your face. Permanent tattoos are acceptable for passport purposes as well.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for religious purposes, submit a signed statement that verifies that the hat or head covering in your photo is part of traditional religious attire worn continuously in public.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for medical purposes, submit a signed doctor's statement verifying the hat or head covering in your photo is used daily for medical purposes.
- Your full face must be visible and your hat or head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face.