Passport Name Change

Get started

How to apply for a Passport Name Change from IPV

Gather your documents

Gather your documents

Gather all your required documents to apply for a Passport Name Change.

Visit our office

Visit our office or ship your documents to us

Drop off your documents in person or ship them to us via FedEx.

Get your Travel Visa

Get your passport

We expedite your application and return your documents to you with your new passport.

Who can apply

You are eligible for a U.S. Passport reissue if:

  • If your passport was issued MORE than one year ago, you are not eligible for a passport reissue. Please follow the instructions for a Passport Renewal.
  • If your passport was issued LESS than one year ago, you require a name change, a data correction or, if your passport was limited invalidity for two years or less AND/OR issued abroad follow instructions on this page for a U.S. Passport Reissue.


Click each section for full details

Complete DS-5504: Data Corrections, Name Changes, and Limited-Validity Passports using the online form filler.

Go to Application Form

  • Print one (1) copy of your completed DS-5504 form single sided.
  • Improperly completed applications will delay the processing of your passport.
  • Hand written applications will not be accepted.
  • When prompted on the application Where should the passport be mailed?, simply put your home address when using our service. There is no mailing involved. We hand deliver and pick up passports directly from the passport office.
  • At the end of the passport renewal application there is a summary of passport fees. You will not be prompted to pay for anything online. This is just used as a breakdown of charges so people are aware of the costs.

    Since you are using our services, don’t select any of the boxes and bypass the Summary of Fees page and click Submit.

Provide your valid, original and undamaged U.S. Passport.

One (1) passport style photo.

  • 2" x 2" size
  • white background
  • taken within 6 months

Your photo should not be attached to the form.

View passport photo details

A certified copy or a complete and unaltered photocopy of your marriage certificate or court order showing a seal and official signature.

Copy of your round-trip airline tickets, or itinerary or e-ticket, or letter of confirmation from a travel agent.

  • The itinerary must show the applicant's name, date of arrival and departure from the country, and flight information.
  • If you have not purchased your tickets, please call us (310-274-2020) to further assist you.

Please print one (1) signed Letter of Authorization. This allows us to process your passport on your behalf.

Download Letter of Authorization

Check the 1st and 2nd boxes on the form. This allows us to expedite the processing your passport application.

  • Both must have original signature, blue or black ink.

Required if shipping your order to us

After gathering all the required documents – Download and complete our Service Request form.

Download IPV Service Request Form

Service Fees

Processing time
10 business days

$60 Government fee
Processing time
7 business days

$60 Government fee
Processing time
3-4 business days

$60 Government fee
Processing time
2 business days*

$60 Government fee
Service Information
  • Applications begin processing the business day after your documents are completed and ready to submit.
  • If shipping your documents to us, processing times do not include return shipping estimates.
  • Processing times and fees are subject to change without notice.
  • For Visas – Consulate fees may require a U.S. Postal Money Order. A $15 fee applies if IPV obtains a money order on your behalf. If providing your own U.S. Postal Money Order for your visa application, the fee will be waived.
We accept credit cards & cash for service payments
Government fees are payable by check or money order

How to apply

Visit our office or ship your documents to us

Select the most convenient option to apply for your Passport Name Change.

In Person

Drop by our office in Beverly Hills to begin processing your expedited Passport Name Change.

  • 2
    Visit our office. We will check your documents for accuracy.
  • 3
    We will expedite your passport application and contact you when it's ready for pick up.
Visit our office

International Passport & Visa
204 S Beverly Drive
Suite 115
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Tel: 310-274-2020
Fax: 310-274-4581

Contact Us