passport for a minorFirst Time US Passport for a Minor

First time passport requirements for a minor (under 16). For adult first time passports please click here
1. IPV Service Request Form (ONLY if you are sending your documents)
2. IPV Authorization Letter
You MUST check the first box + second OR third box (Your application gets rejected if you select ONLY third box). Please HAND WRITE our company’s name for “Courier Company Name”.
3. Application Form DS-11 (Click the link to do Application online – Please note that only the online DS-11 form from our site will be accepted)
4. Birth Certificate/Certificate of Citizenship
5. Both parents’ Valid Driver’s license/State Issued ID
6. Most recent passport (if Applicable)
7. One Passport Photograph 2×2 inches (Can be taken at our office)
8. Travel Itinerary
You can use the buttons below to jump to the required section.


Please make sure to make a COPY of the APPLICATION, AUTHORIZATION & TRAVEL ITINERARY for us before going to the Passport Acceptance Facility.
1 – International Passport & Visa Authorization Letter
International Passport & Visa Authorization Letter
Please NOTE: For us to expedite the processing your passport application you MUST check the first box on the left. It is ALSO required to check one of the next two options. Your application gets rejected if you select ONLY third box. Please HAND WRITE our company’s name for “Courier Company Name”.
2 – U.S. Passport Application
Form DS-11 create your DS-11 by going through the online process (MUST be done online) at the Department of State website.
  • When prompted on the application “Where should the passport be mailed?”, simply put your home address when using our service, there is no mailing involved as we hand deliver and pick up passports from the passport office.
  • At the end of the application there is a summary of passport fees. You will not be prompted to pay for anything online. This is just used as a breakdown of charges so people are aware of the costs. Since you are using our services, don’t select any of the boxes and bypass the “Summary of Fees” page and click on “Submit”.
Do not sign this form until you appear before the authorized acceptance agent who must witness your signature.
Note: Application is not compatible with Safari web browser.
3 – The Minor’s Proof of US Citizenship
  • If born in USA, original/certified copy of the birth certificate issued by the county or state health department or bureau of vital statistics OR a previous US passport.
    To order the birth certificate, GO to
  • If born outside USA, Certificate of Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, Consular Report of Birth Abroad OR a previous US passport.
    File Search is required when applicant is unable to present evidence of citizenship.
  • In addition to the passport application, submit a written request for File Search to verify a previous U.S. Passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
  • Applicants who are overseas and whose passport was lost or stolen are exempt from paying the File Search Fee.
  • US Department of State Fee for this service is $150.00
NOTE: California & Texas ABSTRACT Forms of birth certificates are NOT acceptable for the issuance of a passport by US Dept. of State.
For more information, click here
4 – Parents’ Proof of Identity
  • Valid driver license
  • Photo ID (Issued by DMV)
  • Government (Federal, State, municipal) employee ID card or pass
The above items should contain parents’ signature AND physical description or photograph that is a good likeness of parents.
5 – One Recent US Standard Size Passport Photograph
See Passport Photo Requirements
6 – Most Recent US Passport (If a passport has been issued to the minor before)
For minors under 16 since both parents must be present at the time of the execution of the application, the birth certificate MUST also be SUBMITTED in addition to the passport because a passport can not be used as evidence of the minor’s relationship to parents.
7 – Evidence of Child’s Relationship to Parents/Guardians (Applies ONLY to minors under 16 even if they have an old expired passport)
NOTE: Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as proof of relationship to the applying parent(s)/guardian(s) for minor under 16 when both parents must appear together with the minor to sign. You will need to submit one of the following:
  • Certified U.S. birth certificate (with parents’ names); or
  • Certified Foreign Birth Certificate (with parents’ names and translation, if necessary); or
  • Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) (with parents’ names); or
  • Certification of Birth Abroad ( Form DS-1350) (with parents’ names); or
  • Adoption Decree ( with adopting parents’ names); or
  • Court Order Establishing Custody; or
  • Court Order Establishing Guardianship.
NOTE: If the parent(s)’/guardian’s name(s) is/are other than that on these documents, evidence of legal name change is required.
8 – Proof of TravelCopy of your travel itinerary OR a business letter on your company’s letter confirming parent(s) or guardian overseas trip in the next 12-15 days and minor is also traveling.
You have to provide proof of travel document confirming parent(s)/guardian(s) trip overseas in the next 2 weeks (if no visa is required for the trip) and in the next 4 weeks (if you need a visa for the country of your destination is needed).
9 – Parental Consents Documentation
Both parents must appear together and sign ONLY if the minor is under 16 years old
- One parent appears, signs, and submits second parent’s notarized statement of consent authorizing passport issuance for the child (a notarized Form DS-3053, Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16 ) + copy of his/her Valid photo ID OR
- One parents appears, signs, and submits primary evidence of sole authority to apply (such as one of the following):
  • Child’s certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate (with translation, if necessary) listing only applying parent; or
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) listing only applying parent;
    In the event when only one parent is listed on the birth certificate and that parent can not be present to sign the application he/she should:
    1. Submit Form DS-3053 completed, signed and notarized (section 5 of the form must be left blank):
    2. Submit a letter explaining why he/she (full name as it appears on the birth certificate) can not be present and include the full name of the individual authorized to sign DS-11 along with the full name of the minor as it appears on the birth certificate;
    3. Submit a copy of his/her valid driver license (front and back)
  • Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child’s travel is restricted by that order); or
  • Adoption decree (if applying parents is sole adopting parent); or
  • Court order specifically permitting applying parent’s or guardian’s travel with the child; or
  • Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent; or
  • Death certificate of non-applying parent.
If none of the above documentation is available, the applying parent/guardian should submit a Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16. It must be less than 3 months old.
NOTE: A third-party in loco parent applying on behalf of a minor under the age of 16 must submit a notarized written statement or affidavit from both parents or guardians authorizing a third-party to apply for a passport. When the statement or affidavit is from only one parent/guardian, the third-party must present evidence of sole custody of the authorizing parent/guardian.
10 – Government Fees
Two checks or money orders. (Please write the minor’s full name and date of birth on both checks)
  • Passport Application Fee – Payable to the U.S. Department of State in the amount of $140.00 (Under 16) or $170.00 (16-18 years old).
  • Execution Fee – Payable to the authorized acceptance agent in the amount of $35.


A minor is eligible for a first time US passport if:
  • The minor never had a passport
  • The minor is under 16 years old
    1. A Passport for a minor under 16 is valid for only 5 YEARS and are NOT renewable.
    2. To process a passport application for a minor under age 16 BOTH parents must appear together and sign or (See #9 – DOCUMENTS List below).
  • The minor is 16-18 years old
    1. A Passport for a minor between 16 to 18 years of age is valid for 10 YEARS and are RENEWABLE.
    2. To process a passport application for a minor age 16-18 years old only ONE parent must appear with the minor and sign.
  • The minor’s passport is expired.
NOTE: If the Social Security Administration has issued the applicant a Social Security Number, you MUST provide this number on the application.
For us to process your passport for a minor properly and on time, you MUST send International Passport & Visa a Service Request Form.
MAIN STEP: Execution of the US Passport Application.
Please take documents (from the DOCUMENTS list below) to US Passport Acceptance Facility near you Ask the clerk at the Passport Acceptance Facility to execute the passport application. Then the clerk places the following documents in a sealed envelope addressed to U.S. Passport Agency and return it to you (You must not open or tamper with this envelope). There is a $35.00 fee for the execution of the application.
Send us the sealed envelope ASAP (It is time sensitive) and place the copies (application, authorization & Travel It.) and International Passport & Visa Service Request Form outside the sealed envelope.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a Significant Delay if you don’t send us the above copies because the sealed envelope can be opened ONLY by government passport authorities and not us. We won’t be able to process your passport application if we don’t have your information. 


Passport Fees
Time FrameworkOur feeGovernment FeeTotal
10 Business Days Service*$185$140$325
7 Business Days Service*$240$140$380
3 to 4 Business Days*$280$140$420
2 Business Days*$380$140$520
Please Note:
  • Please be advised there is an extra $35.00 Execution Fee on passport acceptance facility.
  • Due to limited number of passport applications we can process in one day, please contact our office at 310-274-2020 for availability and fee
  • The processing of passport applications start the day after your documents are completed and ready to submit.
  • Due to the limited number of applications we can process on same day/8 hours, you need to call our office on 310-274-2020 to reserve the slot.
  • We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express credit cards, checks (only CA checks) and money orders.
Shipping Fees
FedEx ChargesUSA Only
$40.00FedEx (2nd Business Day)
$45.00FedEx (Priority Overnight)
$80.00FedEx (First Overnight)
$70.00FedEx (Saturday Delivery)
$90.00Alaska & Hawaii (Priority Overnight Only)

Our address for sending documents

International Passport & Visa, Inc.
204 S. Beverly Drive, Suite 115
Beverly Hills
CA 90212
Tel: (310)274-2020
Fax: (310)274-4581
Disclaimer: International Passport and Visa is a private passport and visa expediting service company. We are not affiliated with the government. Passport processing is also available directly through the government passport offices at no additional cost to the government fees. Go to the Department of State website. By using our services, we guarantee the prompt processing of your passport requirements, with full assistance and support provided along the way.